IF THERE EVER COMES A DAY WHEN WE CAN'T BE TOGETHER, KEEP ME IN YOUR HEART-I'LL BE THERE FOREVER!!!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

3 Times A Charm???


Emily has having a dry diaper every morning I wake her up and after watching her during the day, I have noticed her standing still from playing and looking at the floor. My guess is that she is recognizing when she needs to urinate. So-yesterday I got the potty chair out. I put the training panties on and waited for "that moment". After 2 "accidents" she did it!!! She was so excited that she flushed the toilet 3 times. Today she seems to want to play more with the potty than use it for what it is intended for. Update on the milk idea: She had no milk yesterday and had one good "poopy" diaper. Today she has had 2 so far but they happened within minutes of each other so I think it may have really been 1. I think I was just to fast to change her. This seems better than 6 a day so I will try to find a milk substitute for her. In the meantime, she is still drinking her warm tea but is taking sips of water.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I wish potty training worked for my boys like that. I so don't want to start potty training my 2 1/2 year old. No fun. Looks like she's doing great. Ah rice milk, soy milk, potato milk. We've done them all! Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to see the big smiles!!! I need to show Tessa her photos so she can see how happy that "baby who no like me" is now! I'm sure Tessa will be very glad to see her so happy now!

    Oh...the milk thing. It's been a battle here for such a LONG time! We have learned the very hard way, that her symptoms (night terrors, headaches, nasty temper) hit sometimes as late as 36-48 hours after she has dairy! That made it very very hard to nail down. Did you rule out Giardia? We experienced that one also with our first from China...makes it harder to isolate the lactose issue, that's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete