IF THERE EVER COMES A DAY WHEN WE CAN'T BE TOGETHER, KEEP ME IN YOUR HEART-I'LL BE THERE FOREVER!!!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer Days

I know this is not my best picture but I had to show off this picture as it is the very FIRST time Emily snuggled up and fell asleep in my arms. Boy-did I soak up that moment!!!


So let me ask you-What do you do when it is 98 degrees outside? We decided to stay in the air conditioning and can 52 quarts of green beans!!! Thanks to Mom and Bob (my big brother) for picking and bringing us the nice beans-we will think of you whenever we "pop" a jar open this winter. And thanks to Marie (my wonderful neighbor friend) for helping me snap the beans and teaching me to use her pressure canner to get the beans done this weekend. All I have to say is-BRING ON THE TOMATOS!!!
Hannah was helping snap beans while watching the Hannah Montana marathon on Disney channel. She snapped a couple, ate a couple, snapped a couple, ate a couple.... You get the idea. No lunch for Hannah that day.
Emily also was "helping" by sorting out the jar rings.

Emily saw the stack of jars and said "ewwwwwwwwww" !!!! I think we may be a future canner.

Our tribute to Elvis!!! Actually this is how Emily woke up after her nap. I think this may be a picture to show her boyfrriend when she is 16!!!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! We are going to have a tone of tomatoes and peppers to do something with. We are thinking salsa! Shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew how to can like that. I am clueless! I love how this turned into a family project - great memories!
    BTW, relish the snugglin'! Leah is starting to NOT want to snuggle anymore. :o(

    ReplyDelete